Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver world class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our Big Y Locations especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
Recall: a situation in which exposure will, may, or may not cause adverse health consequences. Detail of the recalled product consequences is listed within each posted product recall.
Market Withdrawal: occurs when a product has a minor concern that would not be subject to FDA nor USDA legal action. For example, if a product did not have the correct consistency or color and did not meet the company's quality expectations.
Consumer Advisories: a situation in which there is a known by the FDA or USDA reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to a product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death. The situation has not been announced to the public by FDA nor USDA yet as a Recall.
- Kozy Shack Rice Pudding Market Withdrawal - August 16, 2023 - Kozy Shack Enterprises, LLC is initiating a market withdrawal of multiple sell-by dates of Kozy Shack® Rice Pudding products because the product consistency and texture do not meet our quality standards.
- Upton’s Naturals Seitan Bacon Market Withdrawal - July 10, 2023 - Big Y Foods is issuing a market withdrawal for a single production lot of Upton’s Naturals Seitan Bacon (UPC 70510586107) for having a wrong expiration date.
- Atkins Endulge Bars Market Withdrawal - June 22, 2023 - Simply Good Foods USA, Inc. is issuing a market withdrawal for Atkins Endulge Chocolate Coconut Bars and Atkins Endulge Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Bars with a Enjoy/Best By Date of January 2024 (in all pack sizes) due to taste issues.
- Bobo’s Apple Pie Stuffed Oat Bites Market Withdrawal - June 15, 2023 - Bobo’s is issuing a market withdrawal for one batch/lot code of Bobo’s Apple Pie Stuffed Oat Bites due to the product having the improper amount of filling.
- Big Y Bulkie Rolls Withdrawal - June 12, 2023 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing from sale 17oz packages of Big Y Bulkie Rolls with sell-by dates of 6/16 and 6/17 because they may mold earlier than expected.
- Marzetti Simply Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing Market Withdrawal - June 3, 2023 - T. Marzetti is issuing a market withdrawal for one batch of Simply Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing due to the batch not meeting their strict quality standards. This is not a food safety issue.
- Every Day Naturals Brushless Toothpaste Market Withdrawal - May 17, 2023 - Ark Naturals is issuing a market withdrawal for various Every Day Naturals No Brush Toothpaste Chews for dogs because they have the potential of containing mold at some point during the product’s shelf life.
- Bianco and Sons Marinated Chicken Tips Withdrawal - May 15, 2023 - Bianco & Sons is issuing a market withdrawal for 20oz packages of Bianco Marinated Chicken Tips due to the wrong sell-by date being printed on the label.
None at this time.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp