Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Boar's Head Charcuterie Trio Recall - January 30, 2023 - Daniele International LLC, a Mapleville, R.I., establishment, is recalling approximately 52,914 pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) sausage products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino Withdrawl - February 2, 2023 - The North American Coffee Partnership (NACP) is initiating a market withdrawal of specific lots of Starbucks Frappuccino Vanilla 13.7oz glass bottle sold singles bottles because of a potential issue with foreign material.
- Grace Chicken Vienna Sausage & Goya Vienna Sausage Recall - February 2, 2023 - Conagra Brands, Inc., a Fort Madison, Iowa establishment, is recalling approximately 2,581,816 pounds of canned meat and poultry products due to a packaging defect that may cause the products to become contaminated without showing any outward signs of contamination.
- Full Circle Market Organic Oat and Honey Granola Recall - December 30, 2022 - Topco, Inc is recalling Full Circle Market Organic Oat and Honey Granola that may contain undeclared tree nuts, an allergen, which is not on the label.
- Sanders Sea Salt Caramels Recall - December 23, 2022 - Second Nature (Sanders) has initiated a voluntary recall on select Sanders Sea Salt Caramels due to the potential presence of flexible, plastic bristles.
- Fireking Finger Rolls Market Withdrawal - December 21, 2022 - Fireking Baking Co. is issuing a market withdrawal for their 22.4oz packages of finger rolls due to some packages containing brioche finger rolls, thus causing the package to have the wrong ingredient statement on the back of the package.
- Tums Ultra Assorted Fruit Recall - December 6, 2022 - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (doing business as Haleon) is recalling TUMS Ultra Tablets due to the remote possibility that foreign contaminants could be present in small amounts in the product.
- Amy's Gluten Free Bean and Cheese Burrito Recall - November 21, 2022 - Amy’s Kitchen is initiating a recall of Lot 30H9022 of the Gluten Free Bean and Cheese Burrito due to the potential presence of visible white plastic.
- Patriot Pickle Crisp Candied Sweet Pickle Chips Market Withdrawal - November 18, 2022 - Big Y Foods is issuing a market withdrawal for 3oz packages of Patriot Pickle Crisp Candied Sweet Pickle Chips due to a quality issue.
- Bianco Chinese Style Chicken Wings Market Withdrawal - November 11, 2022 - Bianco & Sons is issuing a market withdrawal for 32oz packages of Bianco Chinese Style Chicken Wings due to an ingredient labeling error on the back label.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp