Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Udi's Gluten Free Muffins Recall - May 6, 2021 - Conagra Brands is recalling Udi’s Gluten Free 4-pack muffins in both blueberry and double chocolate due to the possibility that pieces of loose plastic from the plastic trays that the product is produced in may be embedded in the baked muffins.
- Big Y 9 inch Message Cookie Recall - April 29, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a recall for its 9-inch round message cookie from its in-store bakery due to the possibility that pieces of loose plastic from the packaging that the product comes in may be embedded in the baked cookie.
- VitaFusion Melatonin Recall - April 21, 2021 - Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is initiating a recall of select vitamin products that were manufactured within a very limited timeframe due to an isolated issue at one of our manufacturing facilities.
- Big Y Gourmet Seafood Salad Bulk Withdrawal - April 19, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a market withdrawal for Big Y Gourmet Seafood Salad sold over the counter from its seafood service case due to quality issues resulting in an adverse taste.
- Big Y Sweet and Tangy Honey BBQ Sauce Withdrawal - April 14, 2021 - Topco Associates is withdrawing from sale Big Y Sweet and Tangy Honey BBQ Sauce due to quality concerns, the product is thinner in consistency than it should be.
- Big Y Gourmet Seafood Salad Withdrawal - April 14, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a market withdrawal for 1lb containers of Big Y Gourmet Seafood Salad with a sell-by date of 4/25/21 due to quality issues resulting in an adverse taste.
- Fresh Ground Beef Patties Withdrawl - March 25, 2021 - Topco is notifying customers that some purchased packages of 85% fresh ground beef patties may have inadvertently been labeled as 93% ground beef patties on the back of the package, causing them to scan at the incorrect price.
- Foxy Organic Romaine Hearts Withdrawal - March 24, 2021 - Withdrawing Foxy Organic Romaine Hearts with a harvest date of 3/15/2021 from sale due to possible Aphids in the package.
- Arizona Arnold Palmer Diet Half & Half Recall - March 24, 2021 - Arizona Drinks is withdrawing from sale Arnold Palmer Diet Half & Half 12-packs because they contain cans of Arizona sweet tea.
- Bobo's Maple Pecan Oat Bars Recall - March 24, 2021 - Bobo’s of Boulder, Colorado is recalling Bobo’s Maple Pecan Oat Bars because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Culinary Tours Spanakopita Recall - March 19, 2021 - Topco, Inc is recalling one lot code of Culinary Tours Spanakoptia because the product inside does not contain the spanakopita filling.
- Applegate Turkey Hot Dogs Withdrawl - March 17, 2021 - Applegate Naturals is withdrawing from the market place Applegate Natural Uncured turkey Hot Dogs with a use-by date of 4/28/2021 because the package may contain beef hot dogs.
- Big Y Light Cream Cheese Recall - March 8, 2021 - Topco Associates is removing from sale Big Y Light Cream Cheese due to being mislabeled.
- TopCare Sheer Adhesive Pad Recall - February 28, 2021 - Topco Associates are removing from sale TopCare Sheer Adhesive Pad 10 count due to the product having ink on the pad.
- Sweet P's Blueberry Streusel Mini Muffins Recall - February 22, 2021 - Topco, Inc is recalling Sweet P’s Blueberry Streusel Mini Muffins because the packages may contain chocolate chip muffins which contain soy, an allergen, which is not listed on the label.
- ManukaGuard Allercleanse Nasal Spray Recall - February 11, 2021 - NDAL MFG INC is recalling one lot of Manukaguard Allercleanse nasal spray to the consumer level. The Allercleanse nasal spray has been found to be contaminated with yeast.
- Just Like Mom's Elbow Macaroni Salad Recall - February 10, 2021 - Hans Kissle is recalling 16oz containers of Just Like Mom’s Elbow Macaroni Salad because they are marked with the wrong sell-by date on the container.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp