Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Nature's Touch Organic Green Beans - Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods LLC. of Front Royal, Virginia is recalling Nature’s Touch Frozen Organic Fine Whole Green Beans due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Aurora Dark Chocolate Cranberries - Aurora Products, Inc. today announced a nationwide recall for undeclared MILK allergens in dark chocolate products.
- STONYFIELD O’SOY STRAWBERRY YOGURT RECALL - Organic yogurt maker, Stonyfield, is recalling a specific code date of its O’Soy Strawberry soy yogurt because it may contain an undeclared milk allergen.
- JANSAL VALLEY DRIED CHILI DE ARBOL PEPPERS RECALL - Sid Wainer & Son of New Bedford, MA is recalling Jansal Valley brand Dried Chili De Arbol Peppers because it does not have the proper allergens identified, being peanuts.
- BIRDS EYE BABY SWEET PEAS RECALL - Pinnacle Foods Inc. is recalling "Best By" dates of July 5, 2019 and July 6, 2019 Birds Eye Baby Sweet Peas (13 oz. package), because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes
- SABRETT FRANKFURTERS RECALL - Marathon Enterprises Inc, a Bronx, N.Y. establishment, maker of Sabrett Frankfurters, is recalling various hot dog products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically bone fragments.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp