Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese Withdrawal - September 20, 2021 - Boursin is issuing a market withdrawal for is 5.2 ounce containers of Garlic & Herb cheese with a sell-by date of 10/27/21 and a lot code of CR1931E because this batch may appear moldy .
- Big Y 4 Pack Chocolate Whoopie Pies Withdrawal - September 6, 2021 - Bake’n Joy is issuing a market withdrawal for its Chocolate Whoopie Pie Shells due to unidentifiable fibers.
- Bart's and Snow's Ice Cream Recall - August 26, 2021 - Bart’s Ice Cream is recalling various flavors of Bart’s and Snow’s Ice Cream with sell-by dates of either 2/5/23 or 2/10/23 due to the fact that the city water supply tested positive for Coliform on the days that the product was produced.
- Willow Tree Chicken Salads and Dip Recall - August 25, 2021 - Willow Tree Poultry Farm is recalling approximately 52,022 pounds of various chicken salads and dip products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically hard white plastic.
- TopCare After Sun Aloe Lotion Withdrawal - August 23, 2021 - Topco Associates has issued a withdrawal for one lot code of TopCare After Sun Aloe Lotion due to the product being found to be out-of-specification relating to the texture and thickness of the product.
- Pupperoni Original Beef Flavor Dog Snacks Withdrawal - August 20, 2021 - J.M. Smucker Co. is withdrawing specific lots of Pup-Peroni® Original Beef Flavor Dog Treats due to an incident involving mold.
- Grillo's Hot Italian Pickle Spears Withdrawal - August 19, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing one date code of Grillo’s Hot Italian Pickle Spears due to the fact that the containers are puffing before the sell-by date.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Macaroni Salad Withdrawal - August 17, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad because they are marked with the wrong sell-by date on the container.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Potato and Egg and Macaroni Salads Withdrawal - August 13, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Potato & Egg Salad and also Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad due to a quality concern.
- Big Y Sliced Strawberries Withdrawal - August 6, 2021 - Topco Associates has issued a withdrawal for Big Y sliced strawberries (frozen) that come in a 16-ounce container due to a problem with the consistency of the product.
- McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning Recall - July 27, 2021 - McCormick & Company, Inc. is initiating a recall of McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning due to possible contamination with Salmonella.
- Culture Pop Withdrawal - July 26, 2021 - Culture Pop is issuing a market withdrawal for several flavors of their 4-pack soda due to defective packaging.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Salads Withdrawal - July 16, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing the following varieties of Big Y Just Like Mom’s Salads in both the 16oz and 3lb containers and the Homestyle varieties of the same salads sold over the counter from the deli service case, due to a quality concern: Potato & Egg Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad and Red Skinned Potato Salad.
- Neutrogena Aerosol Suncreen Recall - July 15, 2021 - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) is recalling all lots of five NEUTROGENA® aerosol sunscreen product lines to the consumer level. Internal testing identified low levels of benzene in some samples of the products.
- Big Y Utica (Fine Grind) Crushed Red Pepper Withdrawal - July 15, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a Market Withdrawal for 5oz bottles of Big Y Utica (Fine Grind) Crushed Red Pepper because they may contain regular crushed red pepper not fine ground. This is not a food safety issue.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Potato & Egg Salad and Macaroni Salad Withdrawal - July 12, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Potato & Egg Salad and also Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad due to a quality concern.
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips Recall - EXPANDED - July 4, 2021 - Tyson Foods, Inc., has expanded its recall from 7/4/21 to included more date codes and poundage of their frozen, fully cooked chicken.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Macaroni Salad Withdrawal - July 9, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad due to a quality concern.
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips Recall - July 4, 2021 - Tyson Foods, Inc., is voluntarily recalling approximately 8.5 million pounds of frozen, fully cooked chicken.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Potato & Egg Salad Market Withdrawal - June 28, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Potato & Egg Salad due to a quality concern.
- Newman's Own Pepperoni and Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Withdrawal - June 28, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a withdrawal of Newman’s Own Pepperoni and Newman’s Own Sausage with Pepperoni Pizzas due to a quality concern of discolored pepperoni.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp