Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Ritz Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size Recall Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a recall of a limited quantity of RITZ Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size (21.6 oz. carton) product in the United States. This recall is being conducted because the outer packaging indicates that the product is Cheese variety, while the individually-wrapped product contained in the package is Peanut Butter variety.
- Vita Herring in Wine Sauce Recall Vita Food Products, Inc. is recalling individual plastic jars of 32-ounce Vita Wild Herring in Wine Sauce that are potentially mislabeled because they may contain sour cream and, therefore, may contain undeclared milk.
- Annie Chun's Japanese Style Teriyaki Noodle Bowl Recall CJ Foods, Inc., a division of CJ America, Inc., of La Palma, CA, is recalling Annie Chun Japanese-Style Teriyaki Noodle Bowls because it may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Nut n' More Peanut Butter Spread Recall Nuts n' More LLC. of East Providence is recalling 4143 jars of plain Peanut Spread because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria species.
- Blendtopia Frozen Smoothie Products Recall Blendtopia Products, LLC is recalling 29,078 cases of 7 ounce frozen Blendtopia brand Superfood Smoothie Kits because of potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Shady Glen Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Recall Shady Glen Dairy Bar is recalling Shady Glen Cookies & Cream ice cream that may contain soy, an allergen, which is not on the label. Soy is a common allergen that can cause serios or life-threatening reactions to those who have an allergy and consume the product.
- Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola Recall Purely Elizabeth is initiating a recall of their Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola due to a mislabeling error that has resulted in an undeclared allergen (walnuts) being present.
- Egglands Best Hard Cooked Eggs Recall Almark Foods is expanding its recall first announced on December 20, 2019, to include all hard-boiled eggs manufactured at the firm’s Gainesville, Georgia facility, including all retail, pillow pack, pouch pack, frozen diced, and protein kit products, due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Ready Pac Bistro and Elavate Bowls The CDC, public health and regulatory officials in several states, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are investigating a multistate outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 infections linked to romaine lettuce harvested from the Salinas, California growing region
- Lipton Chicken Soup Recall Unilever United States is recalling a limited quantity of Lipton products that contain chicken from a supplier, which issued a recall on its poultry for potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Ready Pac Bistro Santa Fe Recall Missa Bay, LLC, a Swedesboro, N.J. establishment, is recalling approximately 97,272 pounds of salad products that contain meat or poultry because the lettuce ingredient may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp