Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Jimmy Dean Heat n' Serve Original Sausage Links Recall - CTI Foods LLC, an Owingsville, Ky. establishment, is recalling approximately 29,028 pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat (RTE) pork and poultry sausage links products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Dannon Light & Fit Greek Crunch S'mores Recall - Danone North America is recalling Light & Fit® Greek Crunch Nonfat Yogurt & Toppings S'Mores Flavor sold in the United States.
- Romaine Lettuce Recall - The FDA and the CDC announced a consumer advisory on All Romaine Lettuce from all growing regions due to an ongoing outbreak of E.Coli.
- Duncan Hines Cake Mixes Recall - Conagra Brands is collaborating with health officials in connection with a positive finding of Salmonella in a retail sample of Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix that may be linked to a Salmonella outbreak that is currently being investigated by CDC and FDA.
- Bo Jackson Shrimp Sliders Recall - Bonamar Corp. is recalling Bo Jackson Shrimp Sliders produced by Shaw’s Southern Belle because the diced peppers used in the product have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes or Salmonella.
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers Recall - Pepperidge Farm has been notified by one of its ingredient suppliers that whey powder in a seasoning that is applied to four varieties of crackers has been the subject of a recall by the whey powder manufacturer due to the potential presence of Salmonella.
- Ritz Sandwich Crackers and Ritz Bits Recall - Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a recall in the United States, including Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands, of certain Ritz Cracker Sandwiches and Ritz Bits product.
- UTZ Carolina Style BBQ Potato Chips Recall - Utz® Quality Foods, LLC., is recalling select expiration dates of Utz® Carolina Style Barbeque Potato Chips due to undeclared soy allergen.
- Wish Bone House Italian Salad Dressing - Pinnacle Foods Inc. is recalling a limited quantity of Wish Bone House Italian Salad Dressing 15 oz for mislabeling.
- Kellogg's Honey Smacks Cereal -Kellogg Company today announced it is recalling 15.3 oz. packages of Kellogg’s ® Honey Smacks ® cereal (with code dates listed below) because these products have the potential presence of Salmonella.
- Spam -Hormel Food Corp., a Fremont, NE establishment, is recalling approximately 228,614 pounds of canned pork and chicken products that may be contaminated with foreign matter, specifically pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Utz Tortilla Chips -Utz® Quality Foods, LLC, is recalling select expiration dates of some Golden Flake, Good Health, Utz and Weis Brand Tortilla Chip items due to potential contamination of undeclared milk allergen.
- Traditional Medicinals Tea -Traditional Medicinals is recalling one lot each of its Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea and Everyday Detox Lemon Tea may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Explorateur Triple Creme -Seacrest Foods International, Inc. of Lynn, MA is recalling Formagere de la Brie brand, l’Explorateur soft ripened cheese because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- King Arthur Organic Coconut Flour -King Arthur Flour Company is recalling a limited quantity of Organic Coconut Flour (16 oz.), after testing revealed the presence of Salmonella in 1 pouch of Organic Coconut Flour (16 oz.).
- Emerald Glazed Walnuts -Emerald® Nuts is initiating a recall for a limited amount of its 6.5 oz Glazed Walnuts product, distributed nationwide, due to the potential presence of undeclared peanuts, almonds, cashews and pecans in the product.
- Whip City Jerky -Whip City Jerky is recalling approximately 1,391 pounds of beef jerky products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen.
- Hood Orange Cream Bars and Ice Cream Bars - Fieldbrook Foods Corporation has issued a recall of all orange cream bars and chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars that were produced in 2017 at its Dunkirk, NY plant.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp