Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Greenhead Fresh Lobster Meat Recall Greenhead Lobster announced that it is recalling approximately 1200 pounds of its 1 LB. HPP Fresh Maine packaged Lobster Meat due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Fresh Express Farmers Garden Salad Recall Fresh Express issued a recall of certain branded and private label salad products produced at its Streamwood, IL facility that contain iceberg lettuce, red cabbage and/or carrot ingredients due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
- Ritz Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size Recall Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a recall of a limited quantity of RITZ Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size (21.6 oz. carton) product in the United States. This recall is being conducted because the outer packaging indicates that the product is Cheese variety, while the individually-wrapped product contained in the package is Peanut Butter variety.
- Vita Herring in Wine Sauce Recall Vita Food Products, Inc. is recalling individual plastic jars of 32-ounce Vita Wild Herring in Wine Sauce that are potentially mislabeled because they may contain sour cream and, therefore, may contain undeclared milk.
- Annie Chun's Japanese Style Teriyaki Noodle Bowl Recall CJ Foods, Inc., a division of CJ America, Inc., of La Palma, CA, is recalling Annie Chun Japanese-Style Teriyaki Noodle Bowls because it may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Nut n' More Peanut Butter Spread Recall Nuts n' More LLC. of East Providence is recalling 4143 jars of plain Peanut Spread because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria species.
- Blendtopia Frozen Smoothie Products Recall Blendtopia Products, LLC is recalling 29,078 cases of 7 ounce frozen Blendtopia brand Superfood Smoothie Kits because of potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp