Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Gold Medal Unbleached Flour Recall - General Mills announced today a national recall of five-pound bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached All- Purpose Flour with a better if used by date of September 6, 2020.
- Contigo Gizmo Flip Hydration Bottle Recall - Contigo®, in partnership with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is recalling the lids of the Contigo® Kids Cleanable Water Bottle. Contigo® identified that the clear silicone spout in some cases may detach from the lid posing a potential choking hazard.
- Weaver Breaded Chicken Patties Recall - Tyson Foods Inc., a Pine Bluff, Ark. establishment, is recalling approximately 39,078 pounds of Weaver brand frozen chicken patty product that may be contaminated with extraneous materials.
- Green Giant Fresh Vegetables Recall - Growers Express takes issues of food safety seriously and in an abundance of caution and in the interest of protecting consumers is expanding the list of select fresh vegetable products affected by a recall that was issued on July 1, 2019.
- Lantana Hummus Recall - Pita Pal Foods, LP of Houston, TX has issued a recall of certain hummus products made between May 30, 2019 and June 25, 2019, due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes, which was identified at the manufacturing facility (not in finished product) during an FDA inspection.
- ProBar Meal Bars Recall - PROBAR LLC of Salt Lake City, UT has initiated a recall of select flavors and lots of Meal® bars, including Chocolate Coconut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Original Trail Mix, Wholeberry Blast and Superfood Slam due to the possible presence of undeclared milk and soy allergens.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp