Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Sweet P's Blueberry Streusel Mini Muffins Recall - February 22, 2021 - Topco, Inc is recalling Sweet P’s Blueberry Streusel Mini Muffins because the packages may contain chocolate chip muffins which contain soy, an allergen, which is not listed on the label.
- ManukaGuard Allercleanse Nasal Spray Recall - February 11, 2021 - NDAL MFG INC is recalling one lot of Manukaguard Allercleanse nasal spray to the consumer level. The Allercleanse nasal spray has been found to be contaminated with yeast.
- Just Like Mom's Elbow Macaroni Salad Recall - February 10, 2021 - Hans Kissle is recalling 16oz containers of Just Like Mom’s Elbow Macaroni Salad because they are marked with the wrong sell-by date on the container.
- Big Y Pepper Jack Cheese, Raisins, and Honey Roasted Peanuts Snack Trio Recall - January 29, 2021 - Topco, Inc is withdrawing Big Y Pepper Jack Cheese, Raisins, and Honey Roasted Peanuts Snack Trio due to the wrong sell-by date being printed on the packages.
- Simply Done Pine Cleaner Recall - January 29, 2021 - Topco Associates are removing from sale Simply Done Pine Cleaner due to the product separating.
- Reese Hollandaise Sauce and Reese Bearnaise Sauce Recall - January 29, 2021 - World Finer Foods, LLC is issuing a recall on Reese Bearnaise Sauce and Reese Hollandaise Sauce due to excessive air added to containers during the production of Reese Hollandaise and Reese Bearnaise Sauces, that may compromise the integrity of the vacuum seal.
- Big Y 6 Pack Donuts Recall - January 27, 2021 - Topco, Inc is recalling several varieties of Big Y 6-pack donuts due to the wrong sell-by date being printed on the packages.
- Lake Champlain Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bar Recall - January 18, 2021 - Lake Champlain Chocolates (LCC) is issuing a public alert and a recall on select LCC milk chocolate products from a determined best-by date range for potential foreign objects. LCC is issuing this recall after a consumer reported finding brittle plastic pieces in a finished product.
- Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil Recall - January 5, 2021 - Carrington Farms is removing from sale one lot code of Carrington Farms Coconut Oil due to an off odor.
- Lean Cuisine Chicken Recall - December 20, 2020 - Nestlé Prepared Foods, a Springville, Utah establishment, is recalling approximately 92,206 pounds of LEAN CUISINE Baked Chicken meal products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of white hard plastic.
- Pastene Tomato Paste Recall - December 11, 2020 - Pastene is recalling Pastene Tomato Paste in 6 ounce cans after being notified by one of its suppliers of possible metal shavings in one lot code of product due to an equipment malfunction from an unplanned power shut off.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp