Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Full Circle Organic Micrwave Popcorn Recall Topco, Inc is recalling several lots of organic microwave popcorn after the manufacturer of the organic popcorn kernels discovered a potential foreign material, glass, and notified them of the discovery.
- Goodie Girl Gluten Free Magical Animal Crackers Recall Goodie Girl Tribeca, LLC is recalling Goodie Girl Gluten Free Magical Animal Crackers due to an undeclared wheat allergen.
- Lucky Spoon Gluten Free Products Recall Lucky Spoon Bakery is recalling Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes and Gluten Free Chocolate Celebration Cake due to a potential gluten contamination.
- Ronzoni Smart Taste X-Wide Noodles Recall Riviana Foods Inc. is recalling RONZONI® Smart Taste X-Wide Noodles due to the fact that egg, which is a major allergen, is not listed on the retail cartons.
- Cedar's Cucumber Garlic Dill Tzatziki Recall Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods is recalling Cedar’s 12oz Cucumber Garlic Dill Tzatziki due to an incorrect back label, thus meaning an incorrect ingredient statement.
- Greenhead Fresh Lobster Meat Recall Greenhead Lobster announced that it is recalling approximately 1200 pounds of its 1 LB. HPP Fresh Maine packaged Lobster Meat due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Fresh Express Farmers Garden Salad Recall Fresh Express issued a recall of certain branded and private label salad products produced at its Streamwood, IL facility that contain iceberg lettuce, red cabbage and/or carrot ingredients due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
- Ritz Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size Recall Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a recall of a limited quantity of RITZ Cheese Cracker Sandwiches Family Size (21.6 oz. carton) product in the United States. This recall is being conducted because the outer packaging indicates that the product is Cheese variety, while the individually-wrapped product contained in the package is Peanut Butter variety.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp