Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Utz Tortilla Chips -Utz® Quality Foods, LLC, is recalling select expiration dates of some Golden Flake, Good Health, Utz and Weis Brand Tortilla Chip items due to potential contamination of undeclared milk allergen.
- Traditional Medicinals Tea -Traditional Medicinals is recalling one lot each of its Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea and Everyday Detox Lemon Tea may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Explorateur Triple Creme -Seacrest Foods International, Inc. of Lynn, MA is recalling Formagere de la Brie brand, l’Explorateur soft ripened cheese because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- King Arthur Organic Coconut Flour -King Arthur Flour Company is recalling a limited quantity of Organic Coconut Flour (16 oz.), after testing revealed the presence of Salmonella in 1 pouch of Organic Coconut Flour (16 oz.).
- Emerald Glazed Walnuts -Emerald® Nuts is initiating a recall for a limited amount of its 6.5 oz Glazed Walnuts product, distributed nationwide, due to the potential presence of undeclared peanuts, almonds, cashews and pecans in the product.
- Whip City Jerky -Whip City Jerky is recalling approximately 1,391 pounds of beef jerky products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen.
- Hood Orange Cream Bars and Ice Cream Bars - Fieldbrook Foods Corporation has issued a recall of all orange cream bars and chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bars that were produced in 2017 at its Dunkirk, NY plant.
- Springfield Smoked Fish - Springfield Smoked Fish of Springfield, MA is recalling smoked fish products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Nature's Touch Organic Green Beans - Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods LLC. of Front Royal, Virginia is recalling Nature’s Touch Frozen Organic Fine Whole Green Beans due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Aurora Dark Chocolate Cranberries - Aurora Products, Inc. today announced a nationwide recall for undeclared MILK allergens in dark chocolate products.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp