Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Tyson Chicken Strips Recall - Tyson Foods, Inc., is recalling approximately 11,829,517 million pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat chicken strip products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recall - Mondelēz Global LLC announced today a limited recall in the United States of certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz cookies.
- Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recall - Unilever is recalling a limited quantity of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey pints, which may inadvertently contain tree nuts including almonds, Brazil nuts, and hazelnuts that are not declared in the ingredient list or allergy information list.
- Theo Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Bars Recall - Theo Chocolate of Seattle, WA is recalling 3oz Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate bars because they may contain undeclared milk.
- North Country Smokehouse Kielbasa Recall - North Country Smokehouse, a Claremont, N.H. establishment, is recalling approximately 2,686 pounds of ready-to-eat sausage products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Duke's Meat Snacks Recall - Monogram Meat Snacks, LLC, a Martinsville, Va. establishment, is recalling approximately 191,928 pounds of ready-to-eat pork sausage products that may be adulterated due to possible product contamination, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Graze Dark Chocolate Cherry Tart Recall - Nature Delivered Inc. (Grazed) is recalling Dark Chocolate Cherry Tart due to an incorrect labelling issue; an almond allergen is not identified.
- Bachman Twist Pretzel Recall - Utz Quality Foods, LLC., is recalling a specific expiration date code of Bachman® 10 oz Twist Pretzel packages due to undeclared milk.
- Victoria Marinara Sauce Recall - B&G Foods Canada, ULC is recalling Victoria White Linen Collection Marinara Sauce from the marketplace because it may contain cashew which is not declared on the label.
- Concord Fresh Success Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Recall - Concord Foods, LLC of Brockton, Massachusetts is recalling Concord Fresh Success Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix because it may contain undeclared milk allergen.
- Natures Path EnviroKidz Cereal Recall - Nature’s Path Foods announced a recall of a specific production run of EnviroKidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch and Jungle Munch cereals because they may contain undeclared gluten (wheat and barley).
- Gold Medal Unbleached Flour Recall - General Mills announced today a national recall of five-pound bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour with a better if used by date of April 20, 2020. The recall is being issued for the potential presence of Salmonella which was discovered during sampling of the five-pound bag product.
- Perdue Chicken Nuggets - Perdue Foods, LLC, a Perry, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 68,244 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken nugget products.
- RxBar Recall Expanded - RXBAR is recalling certain varieties of bars because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
- RxBar Recall - RXBAR is issuing a recall of Chocolate Sea Salt and Coconut Chocolate from a six-day production run in August due to trace amounts of undeclared peanuts. The investigation indicated the issue arose at an ingredient supplier.
- Jimmy Dean Heat n' Serve Original Sausage Links Recall - CTI Foods LLC, an Owingsville, Ky. establishment, is recalling approximately 29,028 pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat (RTE) pork and poultry sausage links products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Duncan Hines Cake Mixes Recall - Conagra Brands is collaborating with health officials in connection with a positive finding of Salmonella in a retail sample of Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix that may be linked to a Salmonella outbreak that is currently being investigated by CDC and FDA.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp