Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Proud to be family owned and operated, we operate almost 80 stores throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 11,000 employees. Big Y has been named a 2015 Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- Papa Gino’s Pizza Now Available in the Frozen Food Aisle Papa Gino's, an iconic New England brand and the Official Pizza of The New England Patriots and The New England Revolution announced the launch of Papa Gino’s Traditional Thin Crust Frozen Pizza in grocery stores throughout New England starting with Big Y.
- 2017 Food Recovery Challenge Regional Award Winners Big Y is excited to be amoung the New England Regional Winners of the 2017 Food Recovery Challenge
- Big Y Supports Local Community Schools Through Education Express Big Y is excited to announce the return of the Big Y® Education Express® Program! Since 1993, they have awarded more than $14 million worth of much needed supplies to their local area schools
- 2018 Local Farmer Awards Application Opening January 1st The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation (HGCF), in partnership with Big Y and a sponsorship team, is pleased to announce the fourth year of the Local Farmer Awards, supporting local farmers in Western Massachusetts with funds for infrastructure improvements and farm equipment.
- Carando® and Big Y Supermarkets Partnered to Serve National Guard Holiday Feast Carando®, the artisans of Classic Italian Meats, and Big Y Supermarkets partnered to host a special luncheon to show gratitude for the brave men and women of the 104th Fighter Wing and Army Aviation Support Facility #2 at Barnes Air National Guard Base.
- Big Y Plans New Store in Derby, CT Big Y Foods, Inc. has announced plans to open a World Class Market located at 656 New Haven Avenue in Derby, CT.
- From Local Field to Plate - November 16, 2017 Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to offer this week's harvest from native farms throughout their 70 markets.
- Free Fruit for Kids at Big Y Big Y looks to make raising healthy children easier with the launch of their Kid’s Fruit Club program, where any child 12 and under can select a free piece of fruit to enjoy during their family’s shopping experience at special displays in every Big Y Produce Department and their Fresh Acres Market.
- Big Y Opens New Fuel Station in South Hadley On Saturday, November 4, Big Y celebrated the opening of their newest Big Y Express fuel station and convenience store at 467 Newton Street in South Hadley, MA.
- Sack Hunger in Your Town For the 8th year, all Big Y Supermarkets are working to help feed the hungry within their local communities through Care To Share Sack Hunger – a large reusable grocery bag filled with staple non-perishable food items for local food banks.
- From Local Field to Plate - November 8, 2017 Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to offer this week's harvest from native farms throughout their 70 markets.
- Kingston and Norwell Big Y Stores Are Reborn Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of the renovations at their Kingston, MA store at 182 Summer Street as well as at their Norwell, MA store at 10 Washington Street.
- Big Y to Donate $200,000 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Big Y will present $200,000 to American Red Cross Massachusetts representatives in support of Red Cross Hurricane Disaster Relief from September 1st- September 23rd, 2017.