Big Y in the News
Big Y Foods, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Big Y operates 84 locations throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut including 70 supermarkets, Table & Vine Fine Wines and Liquors and 13 Big Y Express gas and convenience locations with almost 12,000 employees. Big Y has been recognized by Forbes as a Best-in-State Employer in Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Featured News Press Release
November 15, 2023 - Help Us to Feed Others This Holiday Season
In this season of giving food to those in need, Big Y’s annual Sack Hunger campaign provides funds for the 4 food banks within their 2-state marketing area.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- November 08, 2023 - Big Y named Forbes Best in State for 5th year in a row
- October 31, 2023 - Big Y Donates $75,000 to Red Cross Hawaii Wildfire Relief
- October 6, 2023 - Big Y’s Breast Cancer Support Launched
- September 20, 2023 - Introducing myBigY Rewards™: A New Way to Save with Big Y
- July 26, 2023 - Local Farmers Impacted by Floods Get More Aid from Big Y
- June 13, 2023 - Big Y Express Fresh Market Opens Downtown