Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Proud to be family owned and operated, we operate almost 80 stores throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 11,000 employees. Big Y has been named a 2015 Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- Big Y Appoints New CFO - The Board of Directors of Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Theresa A. Jasmin as CFO following the recent retirement of William T. Mahoney.
- Big Y Appoints New Distribution Leader - Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen M. Creed to the new position of senior director of distribution and logistics.
- Big Y Plans New Market in Clinton, CT - Big Y Foods, Inc. has announced plans to open a World Class Market in the Indian River Shops located at 11 Killingworth Turnpike Clinton, CT.
- 11th Big Y Produce Manager Wins National Award - United Fresh Produce Association has named Big Y World Class Market Produce & Floral Sales Manager, Michael Foint, as a 2020 Produce Manager of the Year in its Retail Produce Manager Awards Program.
- Food Donations Help Feed Others - In a chain-wide effort to help the less fortunate within their local communities, Big Y has donated over $11.5 million of food or a total of 5.7 million meals to help those in need throughout the region.