Big Y in the News
Big Y Foods, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Big Y operates 84 locations throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut including 70 supermarkets, Table & Vine Fine Wines and Liquors and 13 Big Y Express gas and convenience locations with almost 12,000 employees. Big Y has been recognized by Forbes as a Best-in-State Employer in Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Featured News Press Release
March 2, 2023 - Partners of Hope March 2023
In order to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer, all Big Y Supermarkets donated proceeds from their October initiative “Partners of Hope” to 32 local breast cancer support groups throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- February 15, 2023 - Thanks to our Weekend Warriors
- January 31, 2023 - Newsweek’s America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2023 names Big Y Markets
- January 18, 2023 - 1.5 Million Meals Donated to Food Banks from Big Y
- December 22, 2022 - 2nd Annual Big Y Big Vax Week a Huge Success
- November 9, 2022 - Help Us to Feed Others This Holiday Season
- November 3, 2022 - Big Y named Forbes Best in State for 4th year in a row
- October 11, 2022 - BIG Y TURNS PINK
- October 6, 2022 - Big Y Partners with Red Cross Disaster Relief Campaign In Response to Hurricane Ian
- September 27, 2022 - Big Y’s Online Ordering Celebrates 1st Year of Growth and Success
- September 21, 2022 - Big Y’s 2nd Big Vax Week
- September 15, 2022 - Big Y Opens New market in Norwood, MA