Good Things Come in Sweet Packages
Having trouble finding a gift for that hard-to-buy-for person in your life? Or maybe you’re trying to think of a way to offer a little something special to your co-workers, the babysitter or your child’s teacher. It happens every year, doesn’t it?
In the spirit of the season, why not bake a cookie, or two, that is sweet and delicious AND can be given as a gift?
• Use containers that are safe for food, such as plastic food storage containers and small decorative boxes and tins.
• Avoid packing crunchy and soft cookies together, as combining them in the same container can make crunchy cookies soft and soft cookies dry.
• Pack cookies in layers between wax or parchment paper in an airtight container.
• To wrap, use materials such as tissue or colored craft paper and adorn with a bow or fabric ribbon in a seasonal pattern.
• Remember to keep packages filled with chocolate, or other perishable treats, away from heating vents, fireplaces and pets.