Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
April/May 2020 Dig In Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Poke several slits into each side of lamb with tip of a paring knife; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste; whisk until smooth. Rub marinade all over lamb, massaging it into the meat and slits. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
4. Remove lamb from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove lamb from roasting pan and wipe pan clean; set rack inside and replace lamb. Roast in the oven for 1 hour 40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium. Remove from the oven, tent with foil and transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
6. Serve lamb with mint sauce
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 750 (Calories from Fat: 450)
Total Fat: 50g (Saturated Fat: 20g)
Total Carbohydrates: 1g (Dietary Fiber: 0g