- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Once hot, add green onion, garlic and spinach and let cook for 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green onion mixture, potato flakes, cheese, parsley, eggs, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Form mixture into 12 patties, mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Heat a frying pan and a couple teaspoons oil over medium heat. Fry patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with your favorite salad.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 272, Total Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 197mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 9g