This recipe was featured as a Living Well Eating Smart tip on ABC40 December 19, 2012.
Original recipe can be found on Yankee Magazine's webpage.
Slight adjustments were made to recipe by the Living Well Eating Smart Wellness Team (e.g.: reducing sugar by using sugar & stevia blend).
To watch the video of this recipe, visit our YouTube page!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a 4-quart pot over high heat, combine water and sugar. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and add teabags. Simmer for exactly 2 minutes and then remove teabags with a slotted spoon.
5. Add cranberries and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer, stirring often, until cranberries soften and split their skins and sauce thickens a bit, about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
7. Let cool to room temperature before serving (the sauce will thicken further as it cools) or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!