This recipe was featured as a Living Well Eating Smart tip on ABC40 December 19, 2012.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a 4-quart pot over high heat, combine water and sugar.
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add teabags.
4. Simmer exactly 2 minutes and then remove teabags with a slotted spoon.
5. Add cranberries and increase heat to medium-high.
6. Simmer, stirring often, until cranberries soften splitting their skins, and sauce thickens a bit (10 to 15 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
8. Let cool to room temperature before serving (the sauce will thicken further as it cools) or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!