Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 1 Hour
Featured in the Rosh Hashana Event 2021
A Traditional Dish for any occasion
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a small bowl, mash garlic with salt to form a paste. Rub half the paste inside the chicken cavity, along with half the lemon juice and all the zest.
5. Pour broth and remaining lemon juice in the bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Add herbs and butter to the remaining garlic paste; mix well. Rub the mixture on the outside of the chicken and place it on a rack in the shallow roasting pan; sprinkle chicken with pepper. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
6. Place chicken in oven and roast for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, basting with the pan juices halfway through the cooking time. Cover chicken and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the pan juices.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 6.00 g
Cholesterol 75.00 mg
Sodium 310.00 mg
Carbohydrates 0.00 g
Fiber 0.00 g
Sugar 1.00 g
Protein 17.00 g