Recipe featured on NBC Connecticut Spotlight with Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Recipe based on Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies from Eating Well.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, sugars, egg and vanilla then beat until smooth and creamy.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to bowl, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1-inch apart, onto the cookie sheets. Wash hands after handling raw flour and eggs.
7. Bake about 15 minutes, or until firm around the edges and golden on top.
8. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!