- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter is melted, add green onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place beans in a large bowl and roughly mash them with a potato masher.
- Pulse oats in a food processor or blender a few times until chopped into smaller pieces.
- Combine oats, beans, vegetable mixture, herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties and squeeze together firmly. Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Add patties and grill for 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, place on rolls, top with your favorite topping and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 335, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 490mg, Carbohydrates: 53g, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 12g