White Bean Bruschetta
Directions1. Position a rack 4 to 6 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler to medium.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Place the baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet and, using 3 Tbs. of the oil, lightly coat both sides of each slice using a pastry brush. Rub the bread with the garlic halves, transfer to the oven, and toast until light golden brown on both sides, 11/2 to 2 minutes. Season lightly with salt and set aside. 4. Put 1/2 cup of the oil in a 1-quart saucepan and heat on low until the oil begins to shimmer. Add the sliced garlic and fry in batches, if necessary, until light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Set aside.
5. Combine the beans and their liquid, the remaining 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, the granulated garlic, and red pepper flakes in another 2-quart saucepan and heat on low heat until warmed through. Put the peppers in a small bowl and toss to combine.
6. Top the baguette slices with 1 Tbs. of the bean mixture, pressing lightly into the bread.
7. Garnish with the chopped peppers and a slice of the fried garlic, and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!