Break up the winter weather by offering your little ones a “sundae” party. This recipe is the perfect way to make a special treat a little more nutritious! Watermelon is filled with immunity-boosting vitamins that can help fight infections, including those wintertime sniffles.
Recipe from the National Watermelon Promotion Board. For more watermelon-inspired recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Cut bananas in half lengthwise. Cut bananas in half again to form long quarters. Take two pieces and lay them side-by-side in a dish for each serving.
4. Using an ice cream scooper, place 3 scoops of watermelon in between the two banana pieces.
5. Top each scoop of watermelon with a different fruit topping. Drizzle fruit with caramel dip.
6. Sprinkle with almonds and other desired toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!