Prep Time: 1 hour to soak walnuts, 10-15 minute recipe prep
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
RECIPE PROVIDED BY: The Humane Society of the United States, Forward Food Program. For more information, please visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. To prepare the sauce: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Store in refrigerator.
4. Soak walnuts in water for about an hour. Drain thoroughly.
5. In a food processor or blender, grind walnuts to a texture of cooked ground meat. Add the olive oil and taco seasoning. Process again until well combined.
6. Portion walnut mixture on taco shell, flour tortilla or lettuce leaf and top with avocado cilantro sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 40 g
Protein: 8 g
Total Carbohydrates: 28 g
Sodium: 246 mg