Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 24 Minutes
January 2023 Big Y Dig In Magazine
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, dried oregano cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, add oil and place over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add onion, garlic and bell pepper and saute until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and potatoes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add egg mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with both cheeses and cook until cheese melts and eggs reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 3 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve garnished with scallions and bell pepper rings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 130, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 175mg, Sodium: 115mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 7g