Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 4 Minutes, Chill 1 Hour
Chinese New Year 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Thai chili sauce; set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add carrots, cabbage, both sprouts and mushrooms.
5. Add half the sauce mixture and cook for 5 minutes; remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water to make a slurry.
7. Place one wrapper on a flat surface with one corner facing toward you. Place two spoonfuls vegetable mixture in center of wrapper, about 2 inches from the corner that is closest to you. Roll over once and fold in both sides while continuing to roll like a burrito.
8. With your fingers, brush a dab of slurry mixture onto the corner of the wrapper farthest from you and seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
9. Fill a small pot 2 to 3 inches deep with oil; heat slowly over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently add spring rolls, one at a time, frying in small batches.
10. Cook for 4 minutes, carefully rolling them in the oil so they cook evenly; transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
11. Serve with remaining sauce mixture for dipping.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 240 mg
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g