- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Thai chili sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add carrots, cabbage, both sprouts and mushrooms.
- Add half the sauce mixture and cook for 5 minutes; remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water to make a slurry.
- Place one wrapper on a flat surface with one corner facing toward you. Place two spoonfuls vegetable mixture in center of wrapper, about 2 inches from the corner that is closest to you. Roll over once and fold in both sides while continuing to roll like a burrito.
- With your fingers, brush a dab of slurry mixture onto the corner of the wrapper farthest from you and seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a small pot 2 to 3 inches deep with oil; heat slowly over medium heat until reaching 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently add spring rolls, one at a time, frying in small batches.
- Cook for 4 minutes, carefully rolling in oil tocook evenly. Once golden brown and crisp, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with remaining sauce mixture for dipping.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories 90, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrates 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 2 g