Cooking Time: Cook 20 Minutes
Crispy chicken with tender pasta in a hearty sauce.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Lay one sheet of plastic down, place veal or chicken on plastic, then top with the second sheet of plastic. Hold the top of a round bottom can and lightly pound out the cutlets to level them out and tenderize them. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
4. On a large plate, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a flat bottom bowl, beat eggs and add 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
5. On a second plate, combine breadcrumbs, remaining seasonings and half of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add oil. Dredge the cutlets in flour mixture, coating both sides. Next dredge in egg mixture and finally the bread crumb mix. Repeat until all cutlets are breaded. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
7. Once oil is shimmering, add cutlets. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
8. Remove cutlets and drain on paper towels or a rack. Add sauce to the bottom of a baking dish large enough for the cutlets. Add the cutlets, top with the remaining Parmesan cheese, sauce and Mozarella.
9. Cover with foil and bake to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, about 20 minutes.
10. Serve with pasta or on a sub roll and enjoy.
Tip: For a lighter version - skip the flour and breading, lightly oil the pan and sauté on high to quickly brown both sides of the cutlets. Then follow the rest of the recipe from step 8.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!