- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and milk; place over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining sugar, corn starch and egg yolks and mix well. Wash hands after handling raw eggs. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Once milk is boiling, slowly pour half into egg mixture to temper, stirring constantly. Pour egg mixture into rest of milk in saucepan and return to the heat, stirring until cream thickens and comes to a complete boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts. Pour mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cool, fill each tart shell with about 1 teaspoon filling. Place on baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and honey; drizzle over top of custard.
- Bake for 1 to 2 minutes or until tops get slightly browned; remove and let cool.
- Once cool, top with raspberries, almonds and mint and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Calories: 154, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 32mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 15g, Protein: 2g