Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 4 Minutes
with White Chocolate & Strawberries
November/December 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to egg mixture and whisk just until smooth. Let batter rest briefly. Wash hands after handling raw eggs and flour.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions and coat with cooking spray.
- Ladle batter onto iron (about 1/4 cup for an 8-inch round iron), close and cook for 4 minutes or until just light golden brown.
- Top waffles with strawberries, white chocolate and maple syrup and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 274, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 866mg, Total Carbohydrates: 42g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 15g, Protein: 9g