1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water for 5 minutes.
5. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar; add to yeast. Add olive oil and mix. Knead for 10 minutes until flour is well blended. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add both meats and brown for 5 minutes, making sure to crumble meat.
7. Add onions and garlic and cook until internal cooking temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and drain.
8. Punch down and spread dough evenly onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
9. Top pizza with tomato sauce, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, meat mixture, pepperoni, salami, then remaining cheese.
10. Bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned, about 12 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 391, Total Fat: 21g, Saturated: 7g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Sodium: 965mg, Carbohydrates: 31g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 19g