- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add ground beef, shallot and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
- Return skillet with beef to low heat and add oregano, caraway seeds, tomato paste, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide and spread beef mixture between both loaves’ flatbread and top each with ½ cup cheese. Place on baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with arugula and tomatoes and drizzled with olive oil before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrates: 13g
Dietary Fiber: 3g