Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 60-75 Minutes, Chill Overnight
When you look at your fridge full of holiday leftovers what do you see? Is your immediate future going to be filled with turkey sandwiches and warmed over dinner plates? Instead of basic, been-there-done-that rehashes of what came before, use this recipe to create a new fresh and flavorful dish that is guaranteed to disappear!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter has melted, add garlic, potatoes and preferred amount of leeks and saute, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and turkey and saute, stirring, until leftover turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl using a whisk, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt and pepper to taste, whisk until just combined.
7. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of prepared baking dish, cover with half of the bread and half of the onion mixture.
8. Repeat with another half of the bread and remaining onion mixture. End with a layer of bread and remaining cheese and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
9. Pour egg mixture over top, gently pressing it down with the back of a large spoon to make sure everything is moistened.
10. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake strata, uncovered, for 60 to 75 minutes or until golden brown and egg is firm and cooked. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 437 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 48g (Dietary Fiber: 2g