Recipe from Kittie Spedding, MS, RD, CD-N.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place potatoes in pot, add enough water to just cover them. Cook, covered, on high heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add frozen cauliflower to pot, cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain water from vegetables and return to pan.
5. In a small saucepan, warm milk and buttermilk over very low heat just until warm, being careful not to curdle milk.
6. Add milk, salt and pepper to vegetables. Mash by hand or whip using a hand-held mixer until desired consistency is achieved.
7. Serve hot in dish with dash of paprika and shredded garlic & herb cheddar cheese, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!