DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add garlic, onion and jalapeño and sauté for 4 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chicken, water, wine, coriander and chili powder; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. While soup is simmering, bake tortilla strips on a baking sheet in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
5. Remove strips from baking sheet and set aside.
6. After soup simmers, remove 1/3 cup broth and place in a small bowl.
7. Add flour and stir until smooth.
8. Return mixture to the soup and mix until blended evenly.
9. Bring soup back to a boil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
10. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes; stir in sour cream.
11. Serve hot, topped with cheddar cheese, avocado and tortilla strips. (To keep avocado from turning brown, sprinkle lemon juice over avocado, coating all sides with juice, and let stand 2 minutes.)
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 183 (Calories from Fat: 90)
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 11g (Dietary Fiber: 3g