Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
February 2023 Big Y Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and butter. Once butter has melted, add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add garlic and stir.
- Add flour, stir and cook for 1 minute. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a gentle boil and add the tortellini. Cook until tortellini are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and half-and-half and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 376, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Sodium: 678mg, Carbohydrates: 54g, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 12g, Protein: 16g