Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 24 Minutes
Feb/March 2018 Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring as needed, for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add marinara sauce, tomato sauce and vegetable broth; reduce heat and bring to a low simmer. Cook for 12 minutes.
5. Add milk and season to taste with pepper; let cook for 3 minutes.
6. Carefully transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
7. Serve garnished with basil leaves and a drizzle of pesto if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 96 (Calories from 18)
Total Fat: 2g (Saturated Fat: 0g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 2g