Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #62 (dated 11/19/15-1/13/15).
Recipe and photo from Avocados From Mexico. For more avocado-inspired recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat a 3-quart soup pot to medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When hot, add oil and sauté tomatoes, onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes.
5. Add stock and cook until all ingredients are soft and well blended, about 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove soup from stove and stir in evaporated milk. Allow soup to cool for 10 minutes, then blend using a hand or countertop blender.
7. Garnish soup with avocado pieces and fresh basil, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 220 mg
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 5 g