Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Add oil and ice water and mix by hand to make a soft dough. Adjust with flour or water as needed - the dough should be moist but not very sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine melted butter and garlic; mix and set aside.
6. On a lightly floured surface, cut dough into 4 separate pieces. Roll each into a ball; place on the floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a large oval, or whatever shape it takes, until dough is about ¼-inch thick. Brush tops of dough lightly with garlic butter mixture.
7. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 rolled-out dough and cook for 1 minute or until bottom turns lightly golden. Flip and cook for 30-60 seconds or until other side is golden. Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining dough.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Place flatbreads on large baking sheets and top each with mozzarella cheese, tomato slices and salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 24g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrates: 70g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more