Three Cheese Fondue
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together grated cheeses with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining flour, paprika, nutmeg and garlic powder.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter. Once melted, add flour mixture and stir until smooth. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
6. Add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until the sauce is creamy.
7. Add cheese mixture, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition; cook until mixture is smooth. Stir in lemon juice and salt and black pepper to taste.
8. Pour mixture into a fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Serve with an assorted fresh vegetables and bread.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (fondue only):
Calories: 300 (Calories from Fat: 200)
Total Fat: 22g (Saturated Fat: 14g)
Total Carbohydrates: 7g (Dietary Fiber: 0g)