1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except meat and store in airtight container.
3. For the ground beef or chicken: In a large skillet over medium heat, add taco seasoning mixture plus 3/4 cup water to cooked meat. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until there is very little liquid left in the pan.
4. For the tofu: Remove from packaging and drain. Cut in half, lengthwise, and lay flat on a stack of paper towels; top with more paper towels, then put a heavy skillet on top to press out the excess water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Brush the tofu on all sides with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
6. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the tofu and cook for 5 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Flip and cook 2 more minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before cutting into chunks.
8. Serve with a wide assortment of taco toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!