Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Swordfish Piccata, or Piccata of anything, is one of those really fast, one-pot dishes every home cook should have in their toolbox. The thin swordfish steaks cook in minutes, and the simple addition of zesty lemon, and briny capers with parsley butter sauce is packed full of flavor. Serves 2 with leftovers, or 4 without.
To watch Chef Andrew prepare this recipe, go to: https://youtu.be/FDOWzI8pLus
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Season swordfish with salt and pepper to taste and dredge in flour; set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and oil.
5. Add swordfish and brown on both sides, cooking to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until softened, but not browned.
7. Add white wine and bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
8. Add broth and bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
9. Add softened butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, by swirling it into the reduced sauce.
10. Reduce heat and add the capers, lemon zest and juice and fresh parsley. Stir in parmesan to thicken the sauce slightly.
11. Add swordfish steaks back into the pan with the sauce and bring to a quick simmer and remove from heat.
Chef Andrew's Tips:
--Swordfish is great, but this recipe works with many fish choices.
--Your favorite all-purpose flour may be used in place of Wondra.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!