Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Swordfish Piccata, or Piccata of anything, is one of those really fast, one-pot dishes every home cook should have in their toolbox. The thin swordfish steaks cook in minutes, and the simple addition of zesty lemon, and briny capers with parsley butter sauce is packed full of flavor. Serves 2 with leftovers, or 4 without.
To watch Chef Andrew prepare this recipe, go to: https://youtu.be/FDOWzI8pLus
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Prep all ingredients before starting to cook swordfish
3. Season and dredge the swordfish in flour; set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet with the butter and oil over medium high heat.
5. Add swordfish and brown on both sides and cook until just done and flakes easily.
6. Remove from pan and set aside.
7. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until softened, but not browned.
8. Add white Wine and bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
9. Add broth and bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
10. Add softened butter 1 TBL at a time by swirling it into the reduced sauce.
11. Reduce heat and add the capers, lemon zest and juice and fresh parsley.
12. Add parmesan to thicken the sauce slightly.
13. Add swordfish steaks back into the pan with the sauce and bring to a quick simmer and remove from heat.
Ready to Serve
Note: Swordfish is great, but this recipe works with many fish choices. Use your favorite All Purpose Flour may be used in place of Wondra.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!