Sweet-and-Salty Popcorn Footballs
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine potato chips, pretzels, sandwich cookies and popcorn. Using your hands, crush mixture into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth. Pour over chip mixture and stir to coat. Add mini candies and fold to incorporate.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and shape 1 cup of mixture at a time into football shapes. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and let set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until melted and smooth.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic baggie. Cut a small hole at the corner of the bag and pipe lines resembling laces onto each popcorn football. Let chocolate set before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.