Green, leafy and cruciferous vegetables contain a repertoire of vitamins and minerals. Highlighted especially for its folate content, this tasty vegetable stir fry served over hearty brown rice is a homerun for taste and nutrition. Recipe from Dietetic Intern, Michelle Dukette, and featured in Big Y's November 2017 Baby Y e-newsletter.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, while stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
4. Add broccoli rabe, asparagus and vegetable stock. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add more stock if needed.
5. Uncover, stir and add stir fry sauce. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook for an additional minute.
6. Scoop about 1/2 cup brown rice into a bowl, top with vegetable stir fry and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!