Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 50 Minutes
November/December 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F.
3. Halve the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds. Rub cut side with 2 teaspoons oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down, and bake for 35 minutes or just until squash is fork tender. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 375 F.
5. While squash is baking, place broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add couscous, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil. Add garlic, green onions, oregano and thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, orange zest, orange juice and cherries. Add spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in couscous.
7. Once squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick border around the sides and a 3/4-inch border along the bottom; mash up cooked squash flesh. Spread an even layer of mashed squash inside each shell.
8. Evenly divide the spinach/couscous filling between the squash halves, place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 273 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 55g (Dietary Fiber: 8g