Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 to 50 Minutes
Delicious fruit pizza is an attractive summer dessert perfect for a cookout, birthday party or enjoyed al fresco as an after dinner treat with your family. Our version is made with some secret better-for-you ingredients, too. Shh! No one will notice!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In a food processor, puree cottage cheese.
3. Add sugar, oil, milk and almond extract and process until smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients and pulse 5 to 6 times, just until the dough clumps together, it will be sticky.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, press the dough into a ball. Knead 2 or 3 times, but do not overwork.
7. Dust the dough with flour, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together preserves and orange juice; set aside.
9. Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Coat a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet with cooking spray.
11. On a lightly floured surface using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle about ¼-inch thick; transfer to the prepared pan.
12. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crisp.
13. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
14. Spread preserves mixture over dough, leaving a ¾-inch border around the edge.
15. Arrange kiwi and strawberry slices on top and sprinkle evenly with coconut.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 260 (Calories from Fat: 60)
Total Fat: 7g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 36g (Dietary Fiber: 4g