Strawberry Almond French Toast
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
March/April 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Watch this recipe being prepared
January 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Pour mixture into a pie pan. Dip bread slices into mixture, allowing them to soak for 30 seconds on each side. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with strawberries, bananas, almonds and powdered sugar, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 286, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 516mg, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 11g, Protein: 12g