DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Heat oil in medium sauté pan until shimmering. Set a plate down near stove lined with paper towels to drain sage after frying.
2. Add sage leaves to hot oil and turn off heat. Stir the sage with a spotted spoon until it is dark and crispy, about a minute or so. Lift sage out of oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
3. Toast sliced ciabatta for about 4 minutes or until golden.
4. Roughly chop and toast pistachios in a dry pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Spread ricotta di bufala on toasted ciabatta.
6. Spoon on about 1.5 tablespoons of apple butter per piece.
7. Top with pistachios and torn sage leaves. 8. Drizzle on a touch of olive oil.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!