DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large heavy straight sided saute pan over medium-high heat until it simmers. Add chicken pieces in small batches and cook until browned on all sides. Set chicken aside and cover with foil until all chicken is done.
3. Remove all but 2 tbsp of fat.
4. Return chicken to pan and add Cacciatore Simmering Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite rice or pasta recipe.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!