DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line pie plate with prepared pie crust and crimp edges.
3. Spread Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Holiday Jam evenly over bottom of pie crust.
4. In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour and salt. Mix thoroughly. Combine the sour cream, egg, and vanilla in a medium size bowl and mix. Add the flour mixture and mix.
5. Peel, core and slice the apples (approximately 1/4-inch thick) and add them to the sour cream mixture. Toss and coat the apples, then spread them evenly in the pie crust.
6. Bake the pie at 425 degrees Fahrenheit F for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit F and bake an additional 30 minutes.
8. While pie is baking, prepare the crumb topping by combining the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter until topping resembles coarse meal.
9. After pie has cooked 30 minutes top with crumb topping and bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!