Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Reduce speed to low and mix in egg, molasses and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, ½ cup at a time, mixing well between additions.
4. Divide dough into 2 balls, and dust them with flour. Wrap balls in plastic wrap, flatten slightly into disks and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Working with one disk of dough at a time, unwrap dough and roll out to ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut out cookie shapes and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges just start to darken. Transfer cookies to a wire baking rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Decorate as desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 110 (Calories from Fat: 36)
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 0g