DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place sugar, vanilla and milk into small plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal tightly.
2. Put salt into large plastic bag. Drop the small bag into the large plastic bag with salt in it.
3. Add ice cubes to the large bag, remove as much air as possible and properly seal.
4. Knead the bags for approximately 10 minutes, making sure the ice in the large bag surrounds the smaller bag.
5. When a soft ice cream is formed, remove small bag from large bag, open and eat right out of the bag with a plastic spoon.
6. For extra fun, add fresh seasonal fruit or other favorite ice cream toppings.
Recipe Note: It is important to use whole milk in this recipe because other types of milk take too long to freeze. Salt is also very important, without it the ice cream will not freeze.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!