Squash with Asparagus & Peas
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a food processor, combine parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, shallot, vinegar, 6 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste; pulse until well combined.
2. Pour into a shaker jar, cover with lid and place in the refrigerator.
3. Cook asparagus and snow peas separately in boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
4. Immediately drain, rinse under cold water, pat dry and set aside.
5. In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine remaining oil and butter.
6. Once butter has melted, add squash and sauté for 3 minutes or until almost tender.
7. Add asparagus and snow peas and cook until heated through; place in a large bowl.
8. Add dressing and additional salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 141 (Calories from Fat: 108)
Total Fat: 12g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 7g (Dietary Fiber: 3g