Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 48 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- Heat oil in an 8-quart soup pot over medium heat. Add leek, carrot, garlic, apple and potato and cook for 10 minutes or until produce begins to soften, stirring occasionally. Add 1-2 tablespoons water if necessary to prevent burning.
- Add sherry and cook for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add chicken broth, lime juice, squash and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until vegetables become tender; remove bay leaf. Add remaining herbs and spices and stir.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully puree soup until smooth. Add half-and-half, stir and warm over low heat until heated through.
- Serve with a swirl of sour cream on top, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 00 mg
Sodium 370 mg
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars. 8 g
Protein 3 g