Prep Time: 30 minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared.
September October 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds; remove and stir. Continue to melt chips in the microwave at 50% power in 15-second intervals until completely melted.
3. Once chocolate is melted and stirred well, hold a pretzel rod over the bowl and spoon the melted chocolate onto it until 1/2 to 3/4 of it is covered; use back of a spoon to scrape off excess.
4. Place finished pretzel on waxed paper. Repeat until all pretzels are used. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set chocolate.
5. Once chocolate is set, create spooky and fun eyes and mouths with the black writing gel.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!