Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 8 to 10 Hours
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- Thinly slice ham, leaving 2-3 inches of meat on bone for soup. Reserve 8 slices for Ham Sandwiches recipe.
- In a slow cooker, combine ham bone with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours; remove ham.
- Remove ham bone an dcut meat off bone; dice or shred meat and return to soup. Cook, covered for 10 additional minutes or until hot. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 13g