- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a heavy bottom frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer bacon, garlic and onion to a large bowl. Add spinach, egg, croutons, 1/2 tablespoon rosemary and roasted red pepper. Toss gently to combine. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- With a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket in the thick side of each breast. Stuff with spinach mixture and close with wooden toothpicks if needed. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Remove toothpick and sprinkle with remaining rosemary. Serve garnished with lemon wedges, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 408, Total Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 183mg, Sodium: 447mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 40g