DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large pot of salted water, add oil and bring to a slow boil. Once boiling, add manicotti pasta and cook for 5 minutes; gently remove them from the pot and run under cold water to cool down.
2. Spread them onto a paper towel lined baking sheet, drain and gently pat them dry with a paper towel; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a 9x13-inich baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, herbs, garlic and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
6. Place some of the mixture into a resealable plastic bag; snipe off one corner. Fill manicotti shells with mixture, refilling the bag as needed. Place shells on top of sauce in baking dish*. Top with remaining sauce and shredded mozzarella.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven, remove foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
*If making ahead, do not bake. Cover with foil and refrigerate. When ready to bake, take out of refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 517 (Calories from Fat: 171)
Total Fat: 19g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 50g (Dietary Fiber: 6g