1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw bacon. Remove from pot, leaving the bacon drippings.
4. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Wash hands after handling raw beef. Cook until internal temperature of beef reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 8 minutes.
5. Stir in bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and liquid smoke and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beer, Worcestershire sauce, beans, cooked bacon, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially and cook for 35 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 343, Total Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 721mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 24g