Spicy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. On a layer of paper towel, evenly spread out beans and dry with additional paper towel.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Evenly spread out beans and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
5. Once cool, transfer to a large bowl and toss with lime juice and oil.
6. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well. Sprinkle over beans and toss to coat well.
7. Spread beans out on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 30 minutes or until dried out and crunchy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 162 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 0.5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 23g (Dietary Fiber: 7g Sugars: 8g)