Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Grill 10 Minutes
May June 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Remove beards on mussels and scrub shells well with a brush. Discard open or cracked mussels; set aside and wash hands after handling raw seafood.
4. In a medium bowl, combine wine, lemon juice, butter, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt and pepper; set aside.
5. Preheat grill to high.
6. Place 1/2 pound mussels in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil and season with salt and pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture over top and sprinkle with basil and parsley. Close up foil tightly, creating a pouch for the mussels to cook in. Repeat with remaining mussels, lemon juice mixture and herbs for a total of 4 pouches. Note: For two of the pouches, add Parmesan cheese after herbs.
7. Place foil packets on the grill, close lid and cook for 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened mussels. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 380
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 12g
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more