DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. On a lightly floured surface, cut dough into 8 separate pieces. Roll each into a ball; place on the floured surface, and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a large oval, or whatever shape it takes, until dough is about 1/8-inch thick.
2. Coat a large cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add 1, rolled-out dough and cook for 1 minute or until dough begins to bubble and bottom turns lightly golden. Flip and cook for 30-60 seconds or until bottom is golden. Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining dough.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and oil. Once butter has melted, add garlic, shrimp, red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the garlic is fragrant, being very careful not to burn the garlic; stir in lemon juice.
5. Pour liquid from pan into a small bowl. Brush liquid onto the top of each flatbread, making sure to cover the edges. Sprinkle cheese over top and then top with shrimp. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve garnished with red onion and basil.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 369 (Calories from Fat: 171)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 36g (Dietary Fiber: 1g